Tuesday, July 30, 2013

End of our South African Book Journey

45 people came to Clarke's Bookshop this evening and appeared appreciative of my conversation with Albie Sachs. Now the South African launches and seminars are completed and Joanie and I fly back to Portland on Wednesday. People in Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg, and Cape Town were incredibly thoughtful at the book events and the warmth of our hosts, as always, exceeded all expectations. I want to thank everyone who hosted events, people that helped me with the book and invited us into their homes on this trip, those who attended the launches, new friends, and of course the many close friends who I have met since 1999. Tomorrow we spend time with two of our dearest Cape Town friends -- thanks to all it has been a wonderful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment